Without the generous support of our donors and supporters so far, The VIA conference wouldn’t be where it is right now. We are humbled by your support! We will continue to update this list.
Project Diaspora (PD) is a USA-based organisation established in September 2007 with a simple mission—to promote African Diaspora engagement in sustainable economic activities within Africa. PD actively seeks to mobilize, engage, and motivate members of the African Diaspora to participate in Africa’s economic, social, and cultural renaissance. Looking beyond the $40 billion in annual remittances to the continent, the strongest resources the African Diaspora possess are its vast wealth of knowledge, technical expertise and professional network. Africa’s Diaspora is well positioned to become a major developmental force. In light of their cultural and personal ties to their home communities there is no other single group that is better equipped to generate positive, sustained change across the continent.
Business Fights Poverty
Business Fights Poverty in a free-to-join global community of professionals passionate about fighting world poverty through good business. Business Fights Poverty connects over 10,000 people from 150 countries through its online network (www.businessfightspoverty.org), its communities on Twitter (@FightPoverty), Facebook and LinkedIn, and through physical events. Community members come from a diverse range of business, government and civil society backgrounds to share experience and good practice – collectively pushing the boundaries of how business can fight poverty. We believe that we can achieve more together – by harnessing our collective intelligence and energy – than we can alone.
- UGO stands for Uganda Goes Online.
- It is Uganda’s first Horizontal Web Portal.
- UGO is here to lead the Ugandan Online Content revolution, with 3.2m online users in Uganda the content online is very limited and dull.
- UGO is here to promote local domains , Local Websites (by creating backlinks) , Local content – getting websites to be more up to date , generate more RSS codes , QR Barcodes interaction ,develop local Apps, Streaming live radio / TV and any other audio or video streams to mention but a few.
- UGO is doing the same on Facebook and promote all Ugandan pages on the UGO FB page.
- UGO is aiming to do what Google does around the world but in Uganda by Ugandans for Ugandans FOR FREE !
- UGO assist organizations to develop apps and to do things better , educate them about SEO, Cloud technology, Use of Facebook and twitter for marketing among others.
- UGO was launched on august 2011 by Hon. Minister of state for ICT Nyombi Thembo,
- UGO is planning to give those who need and or want a platform to host as well provide space for local blogging and forums to mention but a few.
The United States has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Jerry P. Lanier currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Amigos is working to bring self-sustainability, dignity and hope to the young people in Uganda through investing in vocational training, educational opportunities and holistic life-skills.
|OUR SUPERSTAR SUPPORTERS|
|VIA wouldn’t get this far without the invaluable support from passionate individual supporters like we have. Your unflinching support truly showed through your gifts. Know that we treasure each and every contribution, and we will work towards earning every inch of it! Thank you!|
|Valerie Hansen||Tina Musoke||Lina Srivastava||Tom Murphy|
|Lena Anstis||Shawn Southern||Siena Anstis||Tracy Pell|
|Amanda Vega||Katherine Lucey
||Stephanie Kirkpatrick||Michael Kirkpatrick
Short trailer to recap the best of villages in Action 2010 and a sneak peak into what the theme of the...
One of the surprising finds at Villages in Action 2010 was the amount of inspiring enginuity the kids...
If you didn't get a chance to come to Villages in Action last November, here's a 90-minute cut of the...